Cortical bone observed under polarized light

Thousands of scientific videos and photos with captions provided by the Inserm laboratories. Available on Serimedis

Cortical bone or compact bone forms about 80% of the bone mass, and the remaining 20% is comprised of spongy bone or trabecular bone. Cortical bone is comprised of many juxtaposed structural sub-units called osteons. Each osteon is comprised of ten to fifteen concentric plates, around a channel through which passes a blood vessel and a nerve.

Cortical bone or compact bone forms about 80% of the bone mass, and the remaining 20% is comprised of spongy bone or trabecular bone. Cortical bone is comprised of many juxtaposed structural sub-units called osteons. Each osteon is comprised of ten to fifteen concentric plates, around a channel through which passes a blood vessel and a nerve.

Retour à la liste
^ Top of page
View Edit Create here